Wednesday 2 May 2012

Surgery Day. May 2, 2012


The iCU and the Neurosurgical Care ward prohibit electronics, so I will be away from the blog until I am allowed near a laptop again. For the next few days my blog will be guest hosted by my cousin who has put up with me through this. Coming to appointments, listening to me talk ad nauseum about whatever part of surgery or recovery was stressing me, sending me helpful links and articles and suggestions for my blog.  A special thank you to her, and I'm sure you'll enjoy her writing over the next couple of days.

Thank you to everyone who has me in their thoughts and prayers today.  Thank you for the cards, the emails, and the phone calls of support and encouragement. It's now time to hand myself over to the experts and let them do their job. And to hand myself over to the care and company of family and friends while I get on the road to recovery.  I will do my best to not be bitchy :)  To my kids. I love you, and I'll see you when I'm hopped up on morphine :)  To the man in my life. I love you, and thank you for being there for me every step of the way.

Today, a Big Day
Cut Carefully. Goodbye Herm
A new Beginning


I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment