Monday 4 June 2012

Patience is Not My Strong Suit

I have had several people tell me that over the last day or two.  I'd argue the point, but I think they're probably right :)

I have hit the inevitable first plateau and it does not sit well with my personality.  It came too early. I want to be able to "ambulate" more than 300 metres without having to take a nap right away. I want to go outside on my own (without that voice in my head saying "this is a really stupid idea" that stops me from doing it).  I want to be off the prescription pain killers so I don't feel so dopey. I want to be able to feel my stupid leg !

Today is another rant day ... it's still early in the morning and I've caught myself ranting to three people already.  Oops.  But I'm going on the theory that I'm allowed the odd day - as long as it doesn't turn into days or week(s).

So ... today is a good day to force myself to do some self-induced-physio, to have an afternoon nap, and hope that Maury has a good "who's your baby's daddy" show or Dr Phil is dealing with some psycho teenager, so I know my life is actually pretty darned good :) 

Maybe daytime tv, and the guys outside my front door fixing the sewers, might take my mind off my woes.

No comments:

Post a Comment