Tuesday 19 June 2012

I Haven't Disappeared

I'm still here.  I'm not depressed, or "down", or full of the blues.

Just bored.

And I don't have much to say.

My day-to-day life is settling into some type of routine, and I'm still in the recovery plateau, so there is nothing much new to report.  With the immediate recovery from surgery duly passed, progress now becomes measured in micro-successes. 

I'm stunned at how little energy I have this far past surgery ... I'm generally still sleeping 10-12 hours a day, and most of the awake hours are spent on the couch.  I do my hour of physio homework, or I go to physio (where he honestly tries to kill me ...) and I make an attempt to plan something for each day, but it never involves being off the couch for more than an hour at a time.

So, with nothing new to say each day (aside from boring you with the mundane details of day-to-day existence which everyone knows all too well from their own life), blog entries are slowing down.  It's just very slow nerve healing from here on in, to whatever degree these nerves are going to heal.  I'm not expected to notice anything new until, at a minimum, three months post surgery.  Another five weeks away.

In the mean time, I hobble, weeble, wobble and stagger along. Doing what I'm supposed to do and hoping for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment