Tuesday 10 July 2012

69 Days and I Think There's Something

Sunday afternoon when I was standing in bare feet on my friend's sun-heated patio, I thought I felt some heat in my left foot.  I brushed it off as fantasy as the pin prick test later in the evening didn't resolve anything (sharp pain and temperature are the same nerve, so if you have one, you have the other).

But today ... I went downstairs.  That in itself is an adventure because I don't have handrails on the stairs to the basement, but I was in dire need of clean clothes, so getting to the washer/dryer was essential.  My downstairs has a lot of tile ... cold ceramic tile. When I stepped onto it,  I swore I could feel some cold with my left foot ... maybe not as precisely as my right, but there was something.

So, the pop can test.  LOL ... I know, surely there is a more scientific way to test these things, but when a pop can is cold, it's pretty cold.  Grabbed one from the fridge.  Touched it to the sole of my right foot - yup, COLD ... sole of left foot .. OMG, it's cold!  Not as sharply cold as felt by the right foot, but definately cold.  I tested it all the way up and down and my left foot was registering the cold up to my ankle. Nothing up further yet.  I have no idea why my leg and foot would sense temperature from the bottom up, but hey ... I'll go with it !  If I need to regain sensation starting with my feet, I'll take it.

69 days ... and maybe, just maybe, I'm starting to see some nerve healing.  I'll try not to hold my breath, but I really want these nerves to heal so I can be one of the lucky ones and get to go back to the life I knew.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

1 comment: